Monday, January 11, 2016

Tech Issues and Goodbye to a Friend

Finally, I'm back.  Seems there was some "suspicious" activity and Google closed my account.  I have a feeling the suspicious activity was me on my "smart" phone trying to access some Google thing and not getting the password right.  How can "they" be so cruel, in cyberspace, to require a senior person to keep track of 500+ passwords?  Then just try to unravel the secret of re-establishing a broken connection and coming up with an acceptable new password.  That MAJOR undertaking was giving me anxiety attacks after hours at it, so I abandoned the project.  Then Facebook adopted a new photo sharing system that required a google account.  So I tackled this again and finally got my account back, including access to this blog.

Now that I've aired that grievance, the only other thing to share for today is a view of our Iowa winter.



I'm sorry to say goodbye to Clayton Kelly Gross who has passed away. He was a fellow P-51 fighter pilot, who knew and flew with my Dad in WWII before my Dad was KIA. I was privileged to meet him at an Ace Pilot's gathering a few years ago and he shared experiences about the war. We then connected on facebook and I enjoyed his posts and tales of his poker games.  His book, "Live Bait" has been so very special to me.  


Soldier, rest!  Thy warfare o'er,
Sleep the sleep that knows not breaking,
Dream of battled fields no more,
Days of danger, nights of waking.
~Sir Walter Scott~

No comments:

Post a Comment